Jaundice is yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes, caused by the excess of Bile pigment (Bilirubin) in the blood. Mild Jaundice is common in new born babies. In adults, jaundice may occur when the flow of bile from the liver to the intestine is blocked by an obstruction such as a GALLSTONE, or in diseases such as CIRRHOSIS, HEPATITIS, or ANEMIA.
Jaundice is not a disease but it’s a symptom of other diseases which sometimes can be life threatening. There are many reasons of Jaundice like Gilbert Syndrome (It is a mild liver disorder in which bloodstream levels of Bilirubin - a liver enzyme - are abnormal.), blood incompatibilities, some types of cancers, dehydration, liver problems, cirrhosis, hepatitis, anemia, bile duct blockage, taking medications(especially pain killers and sedatives) for a long time, infections. Whatever may be the cause; jaundice should not be taken lightly and must be treated with greatest precedence.
Ayurvedic Remedies are treating Jaundice patients effectively since ages. Below are some of the well tried and tested home remedies.
1) 50-60 ml juice of radish leaves mixed with 10 Gms of sugar candy. The juice should be consumed by the patient as soon as he/she gets up in the morning. This is considered to be the potent medicine for jaundice. The patient will recover within the week time. Shun turmeric and milk during the treatment.
2) Eat ripe papaya regularly; it is one of the best fruits effective in the treatment of jaundice. Patient can also eat ripe banana with half a teaspoon of honey. Prune fruit can also be eaten regularly.
3) Drink the juice made by adding mint leaves juice, fresh lime juice and ginger juice. You can also addsmall amount of honey if required to enhance taste. You can drink lime juice several times a day to enhance the effect.
4) Drink a glass of buttermilk daily for a week or two. Add some black pepper to taste. It is very good remedy for Jaundice.
5) Drink a glass of sugarcane juice daily mixed with one lemon juice and one teaspoon of ginger juice. This is one of the best remedies for jaundice.
6) Juice of 5-10 leaves of Holy Basil (Tulsi) mixed with 3 Gms of Punarnava (Spreading hog-weed) root powder and 50 ml of water, if consumed regularly, proves to be a potent remedy for jaundice. Punarnava Panchang (means five i.e. mixture of roots, bark, leaves, flower and fruits) mixed with honey or sugar candy or boiled kahada (concoction), is very beneficial home remedy for jaundice.
7) Mixture of Neem Juice (1 teaspoon) with honey can be taken in the morning. It is very effective in treating jaundice.
Please avoid alcohol consumption, oily and spice foods at all cost. The above mentioned fruits, vegetables and plants are more effective if grown organically. Some of the herbs mentioned above are readily available in Ayurvedic stores all over the world. Eat healthy and stay well.
You can find me on Google+